Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching up: Photographs and Post-it Notes

I have been north, south, and am now back in the Middle.

I have learned a few new songs on the guitar ... one of the season's highlights was playing "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" while my brother and I sang and our father scatted aka Louis Armstrong. (This was at Greig Lake, in the Meadow Lake Provincial Park. The family cabin.)

I have stopped for wayward goats on the road between Eastend and Piapot.

I have been to Grasslands National Park, where the buffalo [and rattlesnakes] roam,
and the prairie dogs live in "towns".

I have stopped on the highway to take photos of disappearing homesteads.


I have a beautiful garden.

I have hosted a garden party.

I have had company and been company.

I have had meetings and ideas.

I have lost my 14th pair of Bargain Store sunglasses.

I have been mostly not sad.

And summer unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment