Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Friday night watching the sun set and drinking wine.

A little crimson fire above the treeline.

The wine is compliments of Felix, in Pilger. It's Sea Buckthorn, also known as Haskap berry, which is being researched by U of S Plant Sciences guy Bob Bors, whom I was in touch with not long ago. (Someone I know well told me that Haskap berries taste like "a more interesting blueberry".)

It's strong wine; I'm getting a buzz. And for this I am thankful.

Friday night. My dog's foot is mending. I am mending.

It melts, it melts.

And what about "ER"! I've been a fan over the last several years, wish I could catch the final episode but shucks ... I'll be in Spain.

Hey, don't you love being the only vehicle on a country road in the dead of winter on one of the
coldest nights of the year? I do. The photo was taken south of Maple Creek. I loved the effect of the headlights.


Today I wrestled with a gate that had fallen off its hinges and the eavestroughing that's to blame.
(Thanks for helping me, Jerry).

Three days ago I painted a wall "Smartie brown." (It was either paint or cut off my long hair).

My house is very quiet.

I am very quiet.

Big hugs to my friend Mark Krasko, whom I dearly love. Kiddo, you've made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment