Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dog eats own flesh ... a Pumpkin Festival ... and harvest

Photos and text are all scrambled. Pretend it's a puzzle.









Woman's best friend.









Wretchedest beast!

Crazy he makes me, eating his own flesh, costing me hundreds in vet bills, playing with my mind.

But hurray for gardens, and fresh vegetables, and
opportunities for still-life paintings.













Yesterday I spent the day volunteering at the 4th Annual Pilger Pumpkin Festival. I also interviewed and photographed for hours, and today finished my piece on the event for the Western Producer.

Man. Only approx. 80 people live in Pilger. They had 460 people at the festival, and 120 volunteers.

I ate waaaaaaay too much pie, and got talked into leading the crown in "Oh Canada" on stage with two other women. Fortunately, my nicely-voiced father was in the audience, and he was
happy to join us.

There was a pumpkin catapult, and pumpkin shot put, and juggling, and carving competitions, and live entertainment all day, games for the kids, beer gardens ... pretty good fun.
















Reading in Prince Albert on Tuesday at 7 pm at the library. Just in case anyone reading this might happen to be in PA. On Tuesday the 29th. At the library. And care to hear poetry and a few tales.
Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment