Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A whole lot of splashin' going on.

They tell me this is nothing compared to what's to come.

Nothing? I saw salmon suspended from branches at Chapman Creek!

The scent of salmon hung (literally) in the air!


Water was washing over the Sunshine Coast Highway at Davis Bay!

It wasn't the waves so much as how much the sea had risen ... THAT was thrilling.

I threw on a slicker, grabbed my camera, and captured a few minutes of my very first coastal storm. 


____________________

But how chameleon the sea; this morning it presented an entirely different story. I sat down at my desk to begin work, looked up, and saw these wondrous creatures.

I'm sorry Joni Mitchell. Forgive me Sharon Olds. I want to be a porpoise when I grow up.







No comments:

Post a Comment