Friday, January 20, 2012

Beasticizing, and other things.

The first launch for Wretched Beast is getting closer (Jan. 28th, 7:00 PM), and we're trying to stay ahead of the game re: stocking up on wine glasses, cleaning the house, thinking about appetizers, etc.

Attendees are asked to wear something wretched or beastly.

I'll be stepping out in this lovely orange shawl.
Greg will be wearing his fancy hockey slippers.
On Monday I'll be spending the day at Madeira Park School with the kindergarten to grade 6 students. Looking forward to it!

February 4th, 2:00 - 3:00 PM (CST) I'll be appearing on John Cunningham's Winnipeg radio show about my most recent work.http://ckuw.ca/programs/speaking-of-poets 

The next event is the Wednesday, February 8th Literary Salon at the Roberts Creek home of our friends Jennifer and Gerard. If you would like an invitation, please e-mail me.

  ________We have snow now, so I'm feeling right at home.__________




_____________________on the wildlife front___________________

The birds seem to be wild about this cooler weather. Every day I have a gorgeous Varied Thrush visit, and the usual carnival of Dar-eyed Juncos, Flickers, and illustrious Stellar's jays.

Raccoon got into the garbage; only a little mess.


Here is one of local bald eagles ... (I asked him to turn around, but he said he no dice).


Common Mergansers with their blown-back 'dos'.


And an item from a little game we like to play: "Is it something or is it nothing?" Greg -- although he continues to suffer from pneumonia -- stood outside the other day and watched the water with camera and binoculars. He thinks the image below reveals a whale of some kind. What do you think?

(I think he's right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment