Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mojacar Playa


What a view of the Med from my hotel room in Mojacar Playa.


And here it is again. I arrived in Mojacar one day before my retreat was to begin, so I could have a "buffer" day, and explore a bit. So glad I did this.


This is a view from the beach. The tourist season hasn't started yet so most restaurants and hotels are empty in Mojacar Playa, but there are many British and Germans living here year round. There's a long parador along the ocean -- perfect. I was able to go for a 10k run in the morning.

I had a wonderful, solo time on the beach, including my meal in a restaurant called "Babel." Slowly the regulars trickled in -- Brits and Spanish and North African ... it felt like a family, and I was thrilled just to hover on the edge of it and watch the sun turn the Mediterranean's waves to silver.

The owner of the restaurant brought me a bottle of homemade wine. Muy amable. (very kind)

Yeah, I'm digging Mojacar Playa. Great vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment